Pendram NcArluff's Beauty Rock Closet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HULLABALOO

2 posters

Go down

HULLABALOO Empty HULLABALOO

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

So the first bit is the Byrds doing their pretty dumb version of "The Times They Are A-Changin'" which is maybe worth while to see what a freak McGuinn was but more importantly is the dork with the parrot and their crazy version of Spoonful's "Do You Believe In Magic!"

Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

https://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

HULLABALOO Empty Re: HULLABALOO

Post  choogle Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:39 pm

That "Do You Believe in Magic" is adorable, but I wonder if that song isn't foolproof if you have a couple guys who can hit the notes. Also I missed not having the "ohhhh ohhhh" in the background.

Were those hunting mannequins real women? If so hummana! and if not, disregard that I thought a mannequin was cute. I like bangs okay!

That guy with the parrot = my favorite person of the day (see hated holiday thread for my least faves).
choogle
choogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:55 pm

You're right about the song being the sherman tank of sturdy songs -- it's gotta be one of the most perfectly-constructed melodies ever and the lyrics are way too charming and awesome for their naivete to cause any doubts.

Apparently the deal is that this show would have whoever the guest that week was sing the current #1 song, which I imagine resulted in lots of crazy performances (and ones far worse than this).

But these guys are great. Chris Hillman just doesn't give a shit about anybody and McGuinn is the world's coolest android.

As for the mannequins, I had the same question. I think they are real humans, but you should still keep in mind that they're old and/or dead by now so your HUMMANA might not apply any longer. What a weird "theme" though! The Byrds play for jolly lady duck hunters!
Admin

https://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Maybe the set designers heard "sexy duck hunt" instead of "protest song," like someone was shooting skeet while they were being told about the week's performance or something.
choogle
choogle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum