Young Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Young Hearts

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:11 pm

How great is Harold Perrineau (Michael on Lost) as a very gay Mercutio?

avatar
Plonk

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Michael needs to relax. When will John Locke send him off on a quest to find his path and purpose out in Jungle Land so he comes back without the bad attitude and whiny crapola?

Also: DO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH SEASON ONE FOR CRISSAKE WHICH CAME OUT WHEN PEOPLE WERE STILL TALKING ABOUT SWIFT BOATS
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:Michael needs to relax. When will John Locke send him off on a quest to find his path and purpose out in Jungle Land so he comes back without the bad attitude and whiny crapola?

Also: DO NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION BECAUSE WE ARE ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH SEASON ONE FOR CRISSAKE WHICH CAME OUT WHEN PEOPLE WERE STILL TALKING ABOUT SWIFT BOATS

no spoilers!

what other now "famous" actors played gay men before they were "famous"?

I'll go first:

-the brother from Blossom played a gay guy/magician on 90210
avatar
Plonk

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Billy Crystal played a gay person on the show Soap very early on. Remember when he and Robin Williams were on the Friends program?
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:Billy Crystal played a gay person on the show Soap very early on. Remember when he and Robin Williams were on the Friends program?

I was just reminded of that by our Friends conversation yesterday. What a cheap-ass cameo. Neither of them even dated Phoebe!

I'm pretty sure neither of the extremely gay men on Will & Grace are actually gay.
avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

choogle wrote:[quote:be9b="Bill Bruford: Drums"]Billy Crystal played a gay person on the show Soap very early on. Remember when he and Robin Williams were on the Friends program?

I was just reminded of that by our Friends conversation yesterday. What a cheap-ass cameo. Neither of them even dated Phoebe!

I'm pretty sure neither of the extremely gay men on Will & Grace are actually gay.[/quote]

I think at least one of them actually is...but that doesn't make that show any less annoying.
avatar
Plonk

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Plonk wrote:
choogle wrote:[quote:be9b="Bill Bruford: Drums"]Billy Crystal played a gay person on the show Soap very early on. Remember when he and Robin Williams were on the Friends program?

I was just reminded of that by our Friends conversation yesterday. What a cheap-ass cameo. Neither of them even dated Phoebe!

I'm pretty sure neither of the extremely gay men on Will & Grace are actually gay.

I think at least one of them actually is...but that doesn't make that show any less annoying.[/quote]

50% is still a pretty poor showing. I think the whole cast of Milk is non-gay. Like a woman-only production of twelve angry men.
avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:37 pm

I did some research. I discovered that Just Jack, as it turns out, is an actual Gay American. I don't think Will is because I think I remember seeing him with a girl on a red carpet or something. Also, the second thread on Just Jack's imdb page has the subject heading "IS HE GAY???"

Any other showbiz questions? This is like Personality Parade!
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:I did some research. I discovered that Just Jack, as it turns out, is an actual Gay American. I don't think Will is because I think I remember seeing him with a girl on a red carpet or something. Also, the second thread on Just Jack's imdb page has the subject heading "IS HE GAY???"

Any other showbiz questions? This is like Personality Parade!

Interesting enough, it seems like Just Jack may or may not be as gay as the day is long, but he's not telling!

I was thinking of the incredibly queenie guy from Third Rock, not to be confused with Thirty Rock, or really ever thought about if one can help it. Anyway that guy is totally a straight.
avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Which is nuts because 1.) isn't his first name "French?" and 2.) he's basically Fred Schneider.
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm

I remember being shocked to find out that the sassy son on Home Improvement was gay.

avatar
Plonk

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:55 pm

way to give up the HUGE pic plonk!

JTT is a source of constant entertainment to me, especially because I watch Home Improvement all the time.

Here's another gay Jack who it turns out is straight:



Seated next to him is a lady famously married to the biggest little gay actor in the world! On the other side is Katie Holmes. Huh? Just Kidding. Van Der Forehead had a great role on How I Married Your Mother.

But this is starting to make me thing that all actors who play gay characters aren't gay, and vice versa. Hmmm.
avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Well, just like Just Jack, young Mr. Taylorthomas is chickenishly evasive on the subject:

"He responded to these reports [that he is a gay person] in 2000 in interviews with gay-lesbian magazine The Advocate, where he refused to deny that he is gay, saying that to say such a thing would imply that there was something wrong with being gay."

Come on, gay entertainers. Man up!
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:03 pm

avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:10 pm

choogle wrote:Well speaking of How I Met... this guy is awesome.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/53001/saturday-night-live-digital-short-doogie-howser-theme

Well, there's a perfect example. This guy came out loud, proud, here, queer and get used to it and now he's doing better than ever. Meanwhile these cagey queens are stuck with bit parts in the Bucket List and Smallville cameos.
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Choogle, how are you watching Home Improvement all the time? Do you have it on dvd? (fingers crossed) For some reason I remember the youngest son on the show being gay (his character)...but I'm not sure why I think this. The only thing I know for sure is that he wore black nail polish.
avatar
Plonk

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Plonk wrote:Choogle, how are you watching Home Improvement all the time? Do you have it on dvd? (fingers crossed) For some reason I remember the youngest son on the show being gay (his character)...but I'm not sure why I think this. The only thing I know for sure is that he wore black nail polish.

Oh man. I forgot about the days when choogle would just describe what was happening on his TV all day long. And most what was happening on his TV all day long was Home Improvement. Occasionally featuring Ernest Borgnine!
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:56 pm

I should add: Remember when Borgnine was on Magnum? He played somebody's missing dad or something.
avatar
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Plonk wrote:Choogle, how are you watching Home Improvement all the time? Do you have it on dvd? (fingers crossed) For some reason I remember the youngest son on the show being gay (his character)...but I'm not sure why I think this. The only thing I know for sure is that he wore black nail polish.

Yeah he was "goth." Easy mistake. He was also, I can only imagine, not a real actor but some kid they pulled in off the street and kept in a cage so he couldn't understand how to pretend to be a teenager or learn how to be "funny."

The show is on every day here, so when I take a day off, I get my fix from like 11:30AM-1PM. Terrific stuff.

Something I've noticed: The older and middle brother (JTT) are also terrible, but maybe not as bad as the mom, dad, neighbor, people affiliated with the show-within-a-show, or guest stars. Again, terrific stuff.

Un-sexiest woman in a TV show ever?
avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  choogle on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Borgnine was everywhere in the 80s and early 90s. Plus he had his own show (the estimable Airworf) to attend to. WORK ETHIC.
avatar
choogle

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:20 pm

oh, goth. Interesting. Home Improvement was kind of a big deal in my house when I was growing up. I think it always aired on Pizza Night (the night once a week when we ate pizza, duh) and my brother and I would laugh at all the stuff that Tim broke and my parents would chuckle over the boring adult story lines (tim forgets anniversary, remembers after jill pouts and refuses to put out, buys flowers that are powered by a lawnmower, jill forgives him even though they destroy her kitchen).

on a side note, DREAM COUPLE:


avatar
Plonk

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Young Hearts

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum