good morning

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

good morning

Post  Plonk on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:18 pm

anything interesting happen over the weekend? choogle, if you are watching t.v., please describe what is happening.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good morning

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I know what I did this weekend: I watched 4,000 episodes of LOST. And while we clearly can't talk about it because we're 4 years behind the rest of the world, I would like to point out that it was really lame when the britrock hobbit was writing his dumb new song that's going to bring Driveshaft back to the top of the charts he was actualling notating the music despite the fact that 1.) I don't think anybody does that; and 2.) that was the easiest song to play on the piano I ever heard and one of the reasons it's so easy is because about 40 million other songs have the selfsame piano part.

Otherwise I like the show very much.

And I happen to know choogle's not watching TV because he's at the dentist. Unless his dentist has a TV installed in the ceiling which would make it the greatest dentist's office on the planet. My dentists always just had pictures of Cancun.
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:31 pm

my orthodontist had t.v.s at each chair! and headphones. i thought this was the greatest thing ever, because I wasn't allowed to watch much t.v. at home.
I agree about Charlie. But anytime there's a Famous Rockstar character on a t.v. show, they suck.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:56 am

I was able to do some LOST research without spoiling anything for myself and, lucky for us, some nerds managed to translate those heiroglyphs and it turns out they mean
Spoiler:
"CAUSE TO DIE"
which is pretty creepy even setting aside the fact that Egyptian writing is inherently creepy what with curses and so forth.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:47 pm

"CAUSE TO DIE" doesn't really seem to be that creepy to me. For example, it was creepier when you said "don't look at pelicans for a minute". THAT would be scary. I don't really know why though.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Plonk wrote:"CAUSE TO DIE" doesn't really seem to be that creepy to me. For example, it was creepier when you said "don't look at pelicans for a minute". THAT would be scary. I don't really know why though.

Aw, shoot. I spent all that time figuring out how to "spoiler-ize" (three and a half hours) that little part and then you just go and look at it anyway!

It's cool, though. I'm pretty sure the Lostnerds who came up with "CAUSE TO DIE" were not eminent Egyptologists and are therefore most likely wrong as heck.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  potholes on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Where are these hieroglyphs located (in the show)? And you would be wrong about LOST nerds. I'm sure at least one knows something about ancient Egypt. We are a nerdy, nerdy bunch.

potholes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:21 pm

potholes wrote:Where are these hieroglyphs located (in the show)? And you would be wrong about LOST nerds. I'm sure at least one knows something about ancient Egypt. We are a nerdy, nerdy bunch.

Ok, remember when Sayid has Balloon Guy locked in the armory and Jack wants to get in but Locke won't let him because Locke thinks what has to be done has to be done so then Jack's like whatever if you don't let me in then I'm going to let the doomsday clock wind down and not let you hit EXECUTE (4 8 15 16 23 42) (isn't it great that I remember that?) and so Locke's like FINE and he opens up the door and then runs like hell over to the computer but he doesn't quite get it in time and right when you think everything's gonna blow up some creepy red heiroglyphs turn up where the numbers normally are but then Locke hits the button right at the last second and nothing happens?

That's what I'm referring to. Potholes, I encourage you to gab with us endlessly about this nifty show but keep in mind we're only halfway through Season 2!!!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 pm

potholes wrote:Where are these hieroglyphs located (in the show)? And you would be wrong about LOST nerds. I'm sure at least one knows something about ancient Egypt. We are a nerdy, nerdy bunch.

hey potholes!
the hieroglyphs are on the counter in the swan. I also think that there's a reason it counts back from 108 minutes, but I'm not sure what my guess is for that yet. I'll get back to you on that.
Sorry I ruined your day, Bill! I looked because it's not for sure yet that the hieroglyphs mean "cause to die". it could be a wrong guess.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Whoa, I rule at solving mysteries. Just now as I was typing out 4 8 15 16 23 42 I was thinking "Hm, I wonder what all those numbers add up to?" and the answer (lucky for us I use a calculator all the time at my job!) is 108 which is what the time reverts to whenever somebody hits the button which is something Plonk was asking about the other day (why the number 108) and now we know!

Or rather, we know that the writers of LOST can add numbers together.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:Whoa, I rule at solving mysteries. Just now as I was typing out 4 8 15 16 23 42 I was thinking "Hm, I wonder what all those numbers add up to?" and the answer (lucky for us I use a calculator all the time at my job!) is 108 which is what the time reverts to whenever somebody hits the button which is something Plonk was asking about the other day (why the number 108) and now we know!

Or rather, we know that the writers of LOST can add numbers together.

hmm...good job. now figure out if and what pattern those numbers make.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Plonk wrote:hmm...good job. now figure out if and what pattern those numbers make.

That would probably require math skills beyond adding. And unfortunately adding is really where I shine when it comes to Mathematical Anti-Telharsic Harfatum Septomin.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:40 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:
Plonk wrote:hmm...good job. now figure out if and what pattern those numbers make.

That would probably require math skills beyond adding. And unfortunately adding is really where I shine when it comes to Mathematical Anti-Telharsic Harfatum Septomin.

impressive. i guess we will need to call these guys:

Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Fun Story: When I watched this show as a kid I thought that "mathemetician" was a made-up word and just another of the many zany jokes Mathnet would throw at you. And then at some point I heard a teacher or some kind of adult use the word and I was like "Ha Ha Ha! I watch Mathnet too" and they looked at me like I was an idiot.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:Fun Story: When I watched this show as a kid I thought that "mathemetician" was a made-up word and just another of the many zany jokes Mathnet would throw at you. And then at some point I heard a teacher or some kind of adult use the word and I was like "Ha Ha Ha! I watch Mathnet too" and they looked at me like I was an idiot.
This is a great story and it pretty much sums up my childhood, which was full of misunderstandings, some of which I am still untangling today.

Do you remember the episode with a bomb and a dude in a wheelchair? I remember it really creeping me out. More so than "cause to die". But I was also a little kid.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 am

One of last night's marathon of eps featured the crrrrrazy map that I spent a few minutes staring at this morning. The blurry version, anyway. There was a link to a clearer version but I didn't want to get ahead of myself.

So far I've determined that:

-it was made by a crazy person or a person stuck (I AM HERE)
-it's a map of the island (duh) featuring the various Dharma bunkers, including the Swan and the medical facility that the ladies visited. I don't see the "arrow" bunker but maybe it's up at the top, out of frame.
-we're not suppose to be able to read all that wacky scribbling because if you try to read that your eyeballs will fall out because it's just too blurry and anyway Locke probably couldn't've read it either and what's good enough for me is good enough for Locke and vice versa
-blacklights aren't just for dorm rooms and Zeppelin posters anymore!!

The image won't work here, but here's a link to what I'm looking at.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Other junk that happened in the episodes we just watched:

-Fathead from Californianationallampoonsvacation turns up as a hallucination. The good news/bad news here is that yes we had to look at this stupid idiot's stupid face for a half hour BUT we got to see him fall off a cliff, which is unlikely to happen in the other show
-The psychology lady from the tail of the plane is actually herself a crazyperson! Which makes a certain kind of sense because you'd have to be off your rocker and outta your gourd to make out with Mr. Pounds like she did! (Only kidding, beauty's only skin deep.)
-Sometimes the bearded creepo doesn't have a beard and when he does have one it's a FAKE BEARD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:11 pm

yeah, old barf face falling off a cliff was the best thing happening in that episode. Also, I like Hurley, but nothing actually happened in that episode. Not really. We just found out why he went crazy.

I am wondering if there is some sort of being or person trapped in the Swan or in another part of the island. Maybe something that is considered to be really dangerous and that is why every 108 minutes or something you have to press the button to keep something powered so the being/person does not get away.
I have no idea.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:54 am

Season 3 begins and before you can say "caught-on-camera-cage-sex" all of a sudden some stupid Baywatch-looking red shirts are getting actual lines of dialogue? What the helck?

They even threw out this dumb moment where Blondie Redshirt has a Really Great Idea that Locke woulda never thought of so the audience is supposed to go "Hey, maybe these guys aren't smoke monster fodder after all maybe they really have something to offer!" but that's not the case because meanwhile GeorgeMichaelBeard Redshirt was doing a Number Two in the restroom!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:Season 3 begins and before you can say "caught-on-camera-cage-sex" all of a sudden some stupid Baywatch-looking red shirts are getting actual lines of dialogue? What the helck?

They even threw out this dumb moment where Blondie Redshirt has a Really Great Idea that Locke woulda never thought of so the audience is supposed to go "Hey, maybe these guys aren't smoke monster fodder after all maybe they really have something to offer!" but that's not the case because meanwhile GeorgeMichaelBeard Redshirt was doing a Number Two in the restroom!

oh yeah, "Still Works!" (flushing noise in the background)

I can't wait until these guys die. Choogle, have you started season 3 at all? you should, lost gets sexy.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm

We have it on good authority that if you go back and watch the first two seasons looking for these airheaded sleazebags, you will not see them cutting up firewood, looking sad at Shannon's funeral, looking scared at the jungle as scary noises emerge, listening intently to Jack's latest dumb speech, or looking concerned and judgmental as Jin gives Sun some subtitled what-for. No, you won't see them there. But! You might see them hanging around in the background (or foreground) of some other show not nearly as good as this one because they look like everybody else on TV.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:We have it on good authority that if you go back and watch the first two seasons looking for these airheaded sleazebags, you will not see them cutting up firewood, looking sad at Shannon's funeral, looking scared at the jungle as scary noises emerge, listening intently to Jack's latest dumb speech, or looking concerned and judgmental as Jin gives Sun some subtitled what-for. No, you won't see them there. But! You might see them hanging around in the background (or foreground) of some other show not nearly as good as this one because they look like everybody else on TV.

let's make a list of ways we would like them to die.

-locke smashes their heads together and crushes their skull
-douchebag does another number 2 and a giant spider that lives in the toilet eats him
-slutface gets pushed off a cliff by hurley
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:06 pm

-accidentally shot by Michael
-accidentally shot by ghost of Sgt. Chica
-deliberately shot by ME
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:-accidentally shot by Michael
-accidentally shot by ghost of Sgt. Chica
-deliberately shot by ME

ok, but please do it soon.

-slutface puts the moves on sawyer and/or jack, and kate kills her.
-polarbear kills them but doesn't eat them because they are too annoying
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:29 pm

I sure hope the producers of LOST are reading this rabid-fan forum, so they can make the appropriate changes to the show. Isn't it amazing to live in the age of instant feedback? Before the internet, it would've taken YEARS before our voices were heard.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top