Reading Books So You Don't Have To: The Pete Townshend Biography

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading Books So You Don't Have To: The Pete Townshend Biography

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm up to page 523. Here's the lowdown so far:

Pete Townshend did all kinds of great stuff with the Who up until (oh, let's say) Quadrophenia and then started to drink a shitload and found himself incapable of writing decent songs anymore for the band. Then various people died and then he spent a few decades talking about how it was hard being Pete Townshend and trying to write decent songs for the Who and not being able to and he spent a lot of time and energy trying to mount various movies and broadway plays based on his crazy ideas (that don't make any sense AT ALL) and all he does is talk talk talk! and then he clicked on some stuff online and entered his credit card number but he's probably not a pedophile (or paedophile, as this book would have it) but certainly one of the weirdest people on Earth. Somewhere along the way he also joined that nutty religion he joined and much later stopped drinking so much.

Coming up: the conclusion to Pete's story (more of him talk talk talking) and another giant book this time about the Byrds where they go from nerds to coolest guys on Earth to hairy greaseballs to lame string-tie jerkwads. And some of them die!
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Books So You Don't Have To: The Pete Townshend Biography

Post  Plonk on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:24 pm

This is definitely the number one reason why I live with you Bill (may I call you Bill?). You read books, sum them up for me, and then I pass the bookreports off as my own. Just like highschool, except I don't have to beat you up to get you to do my work.
Let me know when you get to the part in the Byrds book when Miss Pamela gives stupid Chris Hillman a kitten.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Chris Hillman is definitely the biggest offender when it comes to looking lame in a string-tie. But he found Christ, so what can you do?

I have a feeling that book will seriously be the greatest. Plus, if I ever get stuck in an attempted robbery that thing will not only stop multiple bullets but it could serve as a handy weapon to smash someone's head in! Turn, turn, turn THIS, punk!
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top