Most Hated Holiday (today!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most Hated Holiday (today!)

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 am

Good morning,

Enjoy some green donuts for St Patrick’s Day. Help yourself on the conference room!

Regards,
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Hated Holiday (today!)

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:22 am

You know what's green and delicious? Lots of things, but not donuts!
Bill Bruford: Drums
Admin

View user profile http://rockcloset.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 am

You know what's not a joke? Ireland and it's people.
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:35 am

I think it's fair that if for one day a year everybody can be Irish then also for one day a year Ireland and its people can be one big stupid drunken plastic-hat JOKE.

It's not really the holiday for talking about The Troubles is what I mean.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:41 am

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:I think it's fair that if for one day a year everybody can be Irish then also for one day a year Ireland and its people can be one big stupid drunken plastic-hat JOKE.

It's not really the holiday for talking about The Troubles is what I mean.

You make a good point. Bring on the green beads! I took a donut anyway, just not a green one (protest).
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:55 am

Getting out of the subway I saw:

- Couple of blond ladies with beads, some sort of green feathers in hair, and green sunglasses, plus a plastic hat
- Father and son (?) father fat walrus with cable knit sweater and flat cap; son in green sportcoat with shamrock baseball cap
- Reflection of myself frowning
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:59 am

choogle wrote:Getting out of the subway I saw:

- Couple of blond ladies with beads, some sort of green feathers in hair, and green sunglasses, plus a plastic hat
- Father and son (?) father fat walrus with cable knit sweater and flat cap; son in green sportcoat with shamrock baseball cap

Didn't these monsters just get all this off their chest a couple weeks ago? What I'm saying is, what are you giving up for Lent if you can still drink your face off and dress like an asshole in the city streets?

I thought these people were Catholic for the love of larry.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:
choogle wrote:Getting out of the subway I saw:

Didn't these monsters just get all this off their chest a couple weeks ago? What I'm saying is, what are you giving up for Lent if you can still drink your face off and dress like an asshole in the city streets?

I thought these people were Catholic for the love of larry.

I guess St. Patty's is like a reprieve from Lent for one day to insult a whole culture. Also? In Ireland they don't drink their faces off and vomit green puke all over each other's cable knit sweaters. I think they go to church and celebrate Catholicism and then hang heads in shame over how these Americans mock them.

I'm thinking of starting a holiday in France where people dress up as uncle sam and exploit minorities and the working class while overeating.
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:39 pm

I was just mentioning this morning to Bill that this is my least favorite holiday ever. He then pointed out that I hate all holidays. this is a great point, but I don't think it makes this day anything but THE WORST HOLIDAY EVER.
Also, all I can think about when I see green food or drink is how those people are going to poop green later.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Plonk wrote:I was just mentioning this morning to Bill that this is my least favorite holiday ever. He then pointed out that I hate all holidays. this is a great point, but I don't think it makes this day anything but THE WORST HOLIDAY EVER.
Also, all I can think about when I see green food or drink is how those people are going to poop green later.

It's also possible you just hate the Today Show. Because it's usually while watching Al Roker make some idiotic remarks about a holiday that I hear you voice your disapproval.

AL: Heeeey all you lovers out there, today's pick city for ROMANCE is Waubeshah, Wisconsin...
PLONK: Ugh, I hate Valentine's Day.

AL: As you can see today I'm dressed up as a Sessile Oak for our celebration of Arbor Day at the Infante Pavillion in balmy Macitowok...
PLONK: Urgg, I hate Arbor Day.

AL: Brrrr! It's a cold one out there, so bundle up because Turkey Day's right around the corner! Which is why we're in Ankara all this week...
PLONK: Ack, I hate Turkey Day.

AL: Ho Ho Ho Merrrr--
PLONK: Baaarf, I hate Christmas.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Bill Bruford: Drums wrote:
Plonk wrote:I was just mentioning this morning to Bill that this is my least favorite holiday ever. He then pointed out that I hate all holidays. this is a great point, but I don't think it makes this day anything but THE WORST HOLIDAY EVER.

It's also possible you just hate the Today Show. Because it's usually while watching Al Roker make some idiotic remarks about a holiday that I hear you voice your disapproval.

AL: Heeeey all you lovers out there, today's pick city for ROMANCE is Waubeshah, Wisconsin...
PLONK: Ugh, I hate Valentine's Day.

AL: As you can see today I'm dressed up as a Sessile Oak for our celebration of Arbor Day at the Infante Pavillion in balmy Macitowok...
PLONK: Urgg, I hate Arbor Day.

AL: Brrrr! It's a cold one out there, so bundle up because Turkey Day's right around the corner! Which is why we're in Ankara all this week...
PLONK: Ack, I hate Turkey Day.

AL: Ho Ho Ho Merrrr--
PLONK: Baaarf, I hate Christmas.

he's so damn jolly all the time. but not really. you can tell he wants to punch those middle aged ladies from Georgia holding the Happy Birthday Stew! sign in the face.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Bruford: Drums on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Oh yes. I don't think the medium of television has ever known such an extreme case of pent-up hostility and barely-concealed, explosive rage.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Let's try to crack the mysteries brought upon us by the most inscrutible of hats, the fake dreadlock hat in St. Patrick's Day colors. Who is this offensive to? Perhaps it's so confusing that it transcends offense.

What about a green afro wig?
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:18 pm

choogle wrote:Let's try to crack the mysteries brought upon us by the most inscrutible of hats, the fake dreadlock hat in St. Patrick's Day colors. Who is this offensive to? Perhaps it's so confusing that it transcends offense.

I don't think it's offensive to anyone except us, people who know how to go out drinking without wearing props.

Let's talk about the time I worked at a hair salon (humiliating) and was forced to wear a giant light up 4 leaf clover necklace (somehow even more humiliating).
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  choogle on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Plonk wrote:
choogle wrote:Let's try to crack the mysteries brought upon us by the most inscrutible of hats, the fake dreadlock hat in St. Patrick's Day colors. Who is this offensive to? Perhaps it's so confusing that it transcends offense.

I don't think it's offensive to anyone except us, people who know how to go out drinking without wearing props.

Let's talk about the time I worked at a hair salon (humiliating) and was forced to wear a giant light up 4 leaf clover necklace (somehow even more humiliating).

Was this hair salon located in my worst nightmare? Did you have to dye anyone's hair green?
choogle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Plonk on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:03 am

It would have been located in my worst nightmare, except it was very real. Sadly, nobody was exciting enough to dye their hair green. Not even me, although I ended up with many other colors including pink, red, bleach blond, and purple. One time they gave me a mullet. Every day was like the makeover montages in The Wizard of Oz and Earth Girls Are Easy.
Anyway, the worst holiday is over until easter rolls around.
Plonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top